Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love making Halloween costumes. My son was going wear his older brothers grim reaper costume ( you know the one all the grade 6 boys wear since all there friends are wearing them and they don't want to be different ). Anyway I was able to suggest something more original for Daniel as he hasn't quite hit that stage yet. First he wanted to be R2-D2....and when i showed him some pictures of what i could make he thought they were too babiesh. Okay, next....he wanted to be a Lego Minifigure ( the lego people) but specifically Boba Fett from his Star Wars lego sets!!! Okay....NO... so next i suggested a lego brick and he thought that was great and I thought that was a realistic costume to make. So seven coats of paint later...TA DA.....a red Lego brick!! I even painted the back to look like the bottom of the brick.
Can you believe this is my baby that I brought to the guild xmas party 10 years ago!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to say Daniel's costume is adorable but a 10 year old boy won't appreciate the comment! So it's wonderful, marvelous, inventive..... Great job,mom.I can tell that Daniel is very proud. It is unfortunate that the costume has such a short season.
    A

    ReplyDelete