Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dick and Jane Quilt


My client brought me this cute Dick and Jane quilt that she is giving her granddaughter for Christmas.
I got out the cross hatching rulers and quilted the picture blocks then free hand quilted the sashings and borders. 




I have changed a few setting on my blog layout and am trying to learn how to post my pictures differently so be patience with me if things look odd.
I got my H1N1 flu shot yesterday and am not feeling well today.  Woke up in the night with the chills and a doozy of a headache. Slept most of the afternoon today and hope I'm feeling better soon as I have a Batik workshop I want to go to tomorrow.
We finally have about 5 inches of ice out on the lake infront of us so hubby cleared off a rink for the boys and set up some lights as it is dark by 5pm this time of year here. The lake froze so smooth this year and with only a dusting of snow the kids have a good area to skate.  I do not skate!  For some reason everytime I try within 10 minutes my heels are just aching so it's just not an activity for me. Our family activity this year will be cross country skiing as everyone now has skis. Now we just need the snow.

3 comments:

  1. I got to see this quilt up close and personal and must say that both the "client" and Kathy have done a wonderful job on it! The little one is going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a kit several years ago that included the panel in your quilt above, backing, and one cut out of two fabrics, but no instructions were found inside the kit. Would like to make a quilt like the one above for a baby who is due to arrive in August, 2021. Is there any way I could acquire this pattern?

    Thank you for any info you can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would be interested in this pattern. I love the quilt

    ReplyDelete