Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunshine and Melting snow....ahhhhhh!

Spring doesn't officially arrive until Saturday but I sure am enjoying this usually warm weather.  Still lots of snow on the ground here but it is melting fast and perfect snowman weather.  That inspired me to finish one of my own projects in time for our quilt show next month.
I quilted this one on my Janome and to my surprise...I thought I forgot how to quilt!   Quilting on my longarm is so different from my domestic machine so it took me a few minutes to 'warm up' again!  But it all came back and I had fun quilting the background on this one.  Last week the Pieceful Kwilter had posted a picture of 'topo' style quilting and I just loved how it looked.  So here is my first effort.
 

2 comments:

  1. This wall hanging is just way too cute! I love it. The swirls in the outer border remind me that we are probably going to be in for a storm or two yet this year. Spring in Northern Manitoba is all about snowmen. We sure don't get many opportunities to make them in winter. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, this is just about the most adorable wall hanging I've ever seen! I just can't help but smile when I look at it. Great idea to take the pics in the snow too. Your quilting, as usual, is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete