Thursday, June 10, 2010

Batik Log Cabin

I was so thrilled when my client asked me to quilt her quilt as she is the one that taught myself and a few other quilters how to dye fabric using the low immersion technique.  Her quilt contains a combination of commercial batiks and her hand dyed fabrics.  It is just beautiful.  I wanted to keep the quilting simple and just add movement to it by using my Flourish panto.  Picking thread for this one was a challenge as I ordered many different threads but just not satified with what I received.  Then as I was going through my threads I came across a dark purple that just seemed to work like magic on this quilt and blend beautifully with the fabrics.
Tomorrow I am off to my guilds Retreat for the next two days and today I was very happy to received my fabric order in the mail so I have a project to work on.   I don't have many UFO's so I would have had to thrown something together tonight if I didn't get my fabric order today. I'll post pictures on Sunday of what I accomplish this weekend...I'll just say that it involves beautiful Island Batiks!
Here are more pictures of my clients log cabin quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment