Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Green!

That's the name of the quilt pattern my client used for this quilt (she made the Monkey quilt too) and it is from an issue of Quilter's World.   Again perfect piecing and applique!   I definately had fun playing on this one too and based the quilting designs on the sample in the magazine.  I used a Rainbow varigated thread in the border and a sky blue Marathon thread in the center of the quilt. I love the look of rayon threads on baby quilts, they have such a beautiful shine.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job quilting!! Love the ripples around the frog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am taken with the ripples around the froggies. A great job, Kathy. Your client will be very pleased I am sure. A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, thank you so much for playing with my quilt. The ripples around the frogs look like the frog is about to leap to the shoreline... This one is a keeper for my granny hopechest! G

    ReplyDelete