Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Success at Last!

WooHoo!!!   Today was a good dyeing day and I ended up with an even better color than I first dyed.  I couldn't believe all the colors that now show up and the only thing I did different was add more non-iodized
salt to the dye mix.  It really seems to separate the colors in the dye beautifully.  Now I just have to figure out how to quilt this one.   I see an edge to edge design...how do you think I should quilt this one? It maybe awhile before I get to it as the kids are now out of school, we have a family wedding on the weekend, and my husbands parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary the week after.   So I'll be focus on family events the next couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. I hope you have made details notes on the recipe and procedure. I see future potential with this one! A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!! Gives a different look to your top than the darkest blue did! The sand will blend in nice too! Enjoy your time with the family!! E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done, Kathy..but what happened to the dye variations in your header, they looked great too!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland
    http://borderlinequilter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to put a new header up but that turns out to be easier said than done! I need to take some new photos of my quilting so the logo shows better on the photo.

    ReplyDelete