Monday, October 25, 2010

Fresh from the Dryer!

This Scrappy Black and White quilt belongs to a client who thinks like me!  She made this quilt to use in her car...just like I made my bali quilt for the beach (and will end up in my car for winter trips).   I did not tell her she is crazy (like some told me) but thought that was a great idea.  We spend so much time making quilts for others we have to treat ourselves once in awhile.
This is also one of the best smelling quilts I have worked on. Really.  My client used 'used' dryer sheets as a foundation for the strip pieced blocks....very clever and it will always have that 'fresh from the dryer' smell.  The backing is her own hand dyed fabric and you can see the Whirlygig pattern I used on the back.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I just love the border. It gives elegance to the scrappy centre. A

    ReplyDelete