Thursday, May 19, 2011

Black and White


This is Rae's Black and White quilt and she wanted it quilted the same way I did my quilt that I had made last year. I really like her fabrics better, they are a great collection of different designs whereas mine were all from one collection that I won from a contest.   You can see my quilt at this post.  When I quilt straight lines like this I make sure my lines are NOT even. I purposely make them different widths each time because I like how  it looks, it gives it a more natural feel and I am not going for perfect.
While I was working on this quilt my channel locks decided to start giving me grief and would work sporadically.  If anyone knows the trick to fixing the vertical channel lock please let me know, they just won't lock any more.

9 comments:

  1. Great photo and of course love the straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the straight lines! Looks perfect for that quilt! Seems like it would go quite quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that,and the lines, something to dream about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the clean crisp lines of the black and white and the straight line quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to make the lines not evenly spaced - much more interesting. Sorry I can't help you with the channel locks :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS What are you (or the person holding the quilt) standing on in the photo in front of the green fence? The quilt seems to be floating - you just see a couple of fingers at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you believe that I have magical powers to make quilts float and my kids were trying to catch it before it floated away?
    Yaa....I wouldn't buy that either, my kids would just let it float away and tell me about it later.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha. Nice to see you have your boys trained to hold up your quilts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kathy, this is a stunning quilt! I love the clean lines. What size is your quilt? Did you use 5" squares?

    ReplyDelete