Saturday, February 18, 2012

Venetian Dreams


This is Bonnie's Venetian Dreams quilt. I did my homework before you asked and found out it is a Fons and Porter pattern from their Easy Quilts magazine from the Fall of 2009.  I really like how this pattern highlights large scale prints.  Bonnie's blue and brown fabrics work so well with this design... I am now imagining some of my batiks done up in this pattern. Oh the hazards of this business :)


She chose my Quilters Dream Wool batting and I love the definition wool batting give to a quilt.
I have tried other wool batts and Quilters Dream is by far the best brand out there.


The panto is called Taro by Urban Elementz.



Yes this pattern is definitely going on my 'To-Do' list!

7 comments:

  1. I like the subtle coulour choice, and the way the brown looks really good in that combination, brown seem sto be a very hard to use colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just went on my to-do list too. It would be perfect for my son and his wife. Thanks for the information on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - definitely a pattern worth following up on - the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this pattern too - and can see it in scrappy Autumn colours. Maybe we could have a sew along together again. But I still have my Dahlia to finish first...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Kathy. I can't wait to see Bonnie's quilt in person. Bonnie will be so pleased. A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree...this pattern would look great in some batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is gorgeous,but where you live is out of this world..those northern lights, what a lovely, lovely life you have...

    ReplyDelete