Friday, April 13, 2012

Floral Quilt


This is Yvonne's quilt and I had some fun feathering, CC'ing and cross-hatching. 


 Here is a peek at the back.   


I am getting better at using the same thread top and bottom and getting over my issues with seeing dark threads on a light backing.  I'm not going to fight it anymore and when it needs to be done like on this quilt I won't stress about it.  It might be hard to see in the photo but the outer border and feathered wreaths are done in black thread, the inner border in red thread, the rest in yellow.


I really like this next picture.  You can see my footprints from where I have been walking on the ice.  Not too many more days of that and the ice should be gone in less than a month.


I had to laugh at myself when I was trimming this quilt, I discovered I had missed two lines of cross hatching in the outer border. I thought I had checked it over well before taking it off the longarm...guess not!

Good thing it was an easy fix.....but 'SHHHH' don't tell Yvonne :)


5 comments:

  1. Wow...your quilting is amazing. I love how you did the feathering around the blocks. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I always find something after I have it off the frame. I check 3 times and still find things. The quilting on yours is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the missed bit could be done on your domestic machine and you didn't have to re-load it. And I think the back looks great with the different coloured threads.

    ReplyDelete