Sunday, May 19, 2013

Metal Quilt Blocks

bear

I’m back from a great trip down to Dauphin to visit my friend Lori.  When I arrived I was greeted to the aroma of the 4 cakes just out of the oven, she is a great cook so this was a big treat for me as I hate cooking!  We took a trip down to Kickass Country Store and bought fabrics to finish 4 quilting projects.  We also went to an amazing greenhouse, one of the best I’ve ever seen, so picked up a few plants.  This two places will be on my ‘must do’ list when I go to visit next spring.  Also Lori hosted a small get together one evening with some of her local guild members so it was nice to meet her new quilting friends.   Believe it or not I didn’t take any pictures but Lori did so you can check out her blog post here.

Now to these Metal barn blocks, this is what I bought Lori for her birthday and I bought two for myself!   The company that makes them is called Classic Metal Company and they have a great selection of blocks to chose from.  When I first went to place my order on their website they didn’t take orders out of the United States. I was really disappointed but then just emailed the company and they were happy to mail them too me, they just didn’t have their website set up for out of country orders. That was a big relief so it’s good to ask if you encounter this problem.  I bought the Bear Paw and Mariners Compass in green to match my shack door.  I was going to put both on the outside of my shack but I really liked how the Compass looked in my sewing area in the house so that’s where it’s going to stay.

compass

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts, and I am so excited about the metal barn quilt plaques. I have been wanting something to hang outside, and this is the perfect item. Thank you so much for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are very nice plaques - I will have to look at that site and see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wall plaques. Glad you had a great visit with Lori. Can't wait to see those purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the metal quilt block, I went to there website to check it out!!
    Glad to hear you had a great time with your friend Lori, it's always nice to share something you love doing with a friend.

    ReplyDelete