Monday, December 14, 2015

Fabric Pine Cones


Yesterday felt like a crafting day and I finally found time to make a project that I found on YouTube  last winter.  It one is on how to make fabric pine cones and here is a link to the video.     This summer I found the Styrofoam egg shapes and I had all the other supplies in my stash.. This project reminded me of crafts I made as a kid so it was fun to play with glue again!


  I used brown batik fabrics and cut 45 2" squares.  


We woke up to a fresh blanket of snow...about 4 to 6 inches.


The YouTube video is easy to follow but here are a few pictures of my supplies.  The only thing that's not in the picture is a thimble which I used a lot pushing the pins through the fabric into the Styrofoam.




I made 4 pine cones and they now hang in my house off a string of garland....that is where I cut the garland from to add to the tops!



7 comments:

  1. lovely, maybe I might go and find some real ones, our place hasn't any decorations yet, but those look stunning.I thought the tops might be off real trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thank you for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing with pine cones too, only mine are real ones. There's a project on my blog today for a pine cone hanger. I like the fabric ones, and have been meaning to do some for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for idea. I save it on my pinterest. I would try this project too. Your pinecones are wery lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tutorial and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ornaments! Fun to play with something else than quilting as long as fabrics are involved ;o)

    ReplyDelete