Saturday, June 4, 2016

Life at the Lake

kayak3

I try not to quilt in the evenings and weekends on the Spring/Summer months and spent that time enjoying the outdoors.  But on Wednesday I played hooky and spent the day on the water. How could I not,  look how calm the lake was!  I love our rocky shores and watching the fish swimming under my kayak.

kayak6kayak5kayak7

I noticed an otter swimming along the shoreline so got out my camera. He climbed up the rocks and started rolling around in the moss.  My view of him was hidden by a tree so I quietly drifted up to where I could see him and got a picture. He quickly noticed me and didn’t want to stick around for more pictures.

otter1otter2

I also saw eagles, pelicans, loons and a family of ducks.  I counted 10 ducklings with this mama!  Then last night we had our first bear visitor of the season in our yard.  Just a young bear that was probably just kicked out by his mom.

ducks

12 comments:

  1. Your 'spot' is gorgeous and well worth a "hooky" day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in God's territory. Thanks so much for sharing your marvelous photos, and the accompanying narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful, calm, what a wonderful place to be, snow in winter, and this in your summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and your water looks so clear. Those otters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised you get anything done with that lake calling! What a wonderful day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful place where you live. I really enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little ducklings are so cute, and I love how they always stay so close together. What a gorgeous day! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your photos of such gorgeous scenery! So lovely. Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! I live for my vacation days here in MN when I can take my little camper up north and sit for a few days in scenery similar to what you are so fortunate to experience every day. It's very beautiful where you live and your photos are really great.

    ReplyDelete