Saturday, November 26, 2016

Old Blue and the Necessary Clutch Wallet

old blue

Earlier this week I went to visit a few friends for a couple of days of sewing.  Nothing like hanging out and sewing with great friends in a quilt shop on the days it is closed!   Wendy’s shop Fabriculous is closed on Sunday and Mondays so those were the perfect days to visit.  I insisted she work on something that was not on her ‘to do’ list for the shop but make something that she would really have fun with.   She picked a pattern by Fibreworks called Old Blue and we had fun running around her shop picking fabrics.  I helped her piece the back and cut out the blue truck on the first day.  The second day she had a blast adding all the flowers to the truck. It was so much fun watching her enjoy having a shop and getting to use all those fabrics she loves.  She even named it ‘Road Trip” and added the letters to the quilt. Wendy will be kitting this pattern soon if you are interested!   While she was doing that I got started oh my Necessary Clutch Wallet, which is a pattern by Emmaline Bags.  I chose a Tim Holtz fabric for the flap ( and fussy cut so I could get the work Highway in the middle), a brown Essex Linen for the body of the wallet and for the inside I pick two beige star print fabrics.

wallet1wallet2wallet3

Lori got to work on a new Highway 10 Designs sample for Wendy’s shop now that she brought in 250+ bolts of batiks ( at $12.98/m).  We picked some beautiful blues and a soft yellow for this Not Your Mother’s Rain Fence quilt which only took Lori the afternoon to piece!

rail1

Now I’m back to work and been very busy finishing my November quilting list. Only have one more quilt to go before I take December off.  I haven’t been able to take pictures of all the quilts that I have worked on this month so I do apologies to my clients for that.   Just too busy trying to get them done and the weather has not been cooperating either. It has been unseasonably warm, the lake ice that started to form is melting and we have been getting a lot of freezing rain!  The yard it too wet to take quilt pictures, I really hope we get more normal temperatures soon or even just some sunshine.

4 comments:

  1. That road trip quilt is gorgeous!! I also love your necessary clutch. The fabric you chose is beautiful. The sample for the quilt shop turned out so great!! Looks like fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fussy cutting the Tim Holtz fabric was brilliant; totally makes that clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to see you enjoy time away, sewing fun projects. Enjoy your December month off, time with family over Christmas, and looking forward to some great photos in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hardly seems fair when someone's "stash" is their own quilt shop! I know the Gimli shop, so can imagine the selection you had to work with!

    Nice projects, very nicely done. I'm not sure I have the patience to make the clutch, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete