Sunday, May 13, 2018

Stars and Four Patches Quilt

sh8
This is Shelly’s Stars and Four Patches quilt and it is a pattern by Moda Fabrics.  You can find the pattern here. Shelly used all solid fabrics in shades of purple for this quilt and it has a beautiful modern feel.  We ended up deciding on just straight lines for the quilting and I think it really was all this quilt needed to keep that modern look.

sh3sh2
I used white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

sh1sh5sh7
Last week we had a glimpse of the Northern Lights again and I took this photo off my deck.

MAY6

8 comments:

  1. The straight lines are perfect for this little gem! And I love your northern lights - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely straight lines, and the lights, is that snow or a heavy frost? You do have some wonderful places for quilt photos, the whole quilt, the lighthouse, and water behind, superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful....have you made a northern lights quilt yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where I could locate the pattern? Tried the Moda website, with no luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Google 'Stars and 4 Patches" quilt. The free pattern was the first one on the list. I'll see if I can attached it into my post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I typed in "four patches" and didn't get it....but found it under "stars and 4 patches"! Got it now!! :)

      Delete
  5. Kathy- We love watching the machine quilting you are sharing. Keep up the beautiful work...you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=736554230067353&set=gm.381581982360598&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete